How To Get Rid Of Pimples Quickly – Natural And Rapid Acne Remedies
On this page you are going to learn how to get rid of pimples quickly. We all know of various acne treatments that work, but often the imperative thing is that they work quickly. After all, what is the point in getting your skin clear after that big date this weekend? You want your skin to be looking its best the day of, not the day after! That’s why you need to keep reading to learn how to get rid of pimples quickly and easily using some of the most effective natural and holistic acne treatment methods available.
* Increase your daily water consumption. The human body is around 70% water, so if you aren’t getting enough of the cool, clear liquid then you are going to be in pretty major trouble. Make sure you are drinking at least a couple of liters of water every day (that is about half a gallon, for you Imperial measurement fans out there) However, if you are active or live in a warm climate then you could do with drinking up to four liters/1 gallon a day. Be careful not to overdo your water consumption, however, as this post demonstrates.
* Get some sunshine on your skin. Since you were a little kid you have probably been told that sunlight is just about the most evil thing out there. However, it is actually very good for the health of your skin, provided you get just the right amount of sunshine. Avoid getting so much sun that you burn; but 10-20 minutes a day will provide you with a lot of Vitamin D, and will have the effect of reducing the symptoms of acne quite markedly. UV light can have quite a profound impact on the health of your skin.
* Make use of the healing power of salt water. If you live by a beach, this is easy. If not, you are going to have to buy some sea salt and make your own saltwater concoction (please don’t use iodized table salt, as that is going to dry your skin out very rapidly) Bathe your skin in saltwater at least twice a week- the healing power of salt water truly is amazing. You will notice that spots dry out very quickly, and your complexion will improve markedly. If you are prone to oily and flaky skin, this will improve a lot as well.
* Natural saltwater from the ocean is the best for this. I am not sure why (perhaps it has something to do with sand particles acting as a gentle exfoliant – please leave a comment if you know the answer!) but sea salt mixed with some warm water will have a similar effect.
* Use lemon juice topically. One of the most effective ways to get rid of pimples quickly is by using a natural astringent. Lemon juice is one such astringent. You may even have a lemon tree in your back garden, in which case all you need to do is pop out to the backyard, grab one, and juice it up. Use a cotton bud or something similar to carefully apply lemon juice directly to the spot itself. Do this twice a day, morning and night, until the spot has disappeared. You can then combat any potential scarring by using lemon juice again (I told you it’s a brilliant natural remedy, as it treats both the pimples and any resulting scars)
* Cut down on stress. By taking time to relax and avoiding stressing yourself out, you will notice a marked improvement in the condition of your skin. This might sound stupid, but it actually works very effectively. Stressing out will lead to hormone spikes, and this is only going to result in more spots and worse skin. You need to consciously focus on relaxing, with techniques such as slow breathing exercises, in order to reduce stress in your body.
* Avoiding picking or squeezing pimples. We have all been guilty of doing this at some point or another, but picking and squeezing your pimples is not going to do much good for your skin. If you want to get rid of spots rapidly then you need to avoid squeezing them. Why? Because squeezing leads to inflammation of the skin, and in turn this is going to cause a worsening of your acne symptoms. Also, squeezing a whitehead can result in infection of the surrounding area, which will in turn lead to further pimples.
* Increasing your intake of Vitamin A. This important vitamin (and its relation Beta-Carotene) are noticeably absent from many peoples’ diets. The easiest way to boost your Vitamin A/Beta-Carotene intake is to start eating carrots. Even better, you can make fresh carrot juice which concentrates the skin-healing power of carrots and will deliver a …