It is widely accepted that mass nutrition would make up at least 70% of the total equation of building muscles and mass.
Generally speaking if you are working out regularly and doing the right exercises in the right way and eating healthy- low fat, high fiber, low glycemic index, moderate to high protein every day, you will have a lean and nice physique over time.
However, to add to your muscle mass, to maintain it and to get quicker and long lasting results, you may need to do a little more.
Mass Nutrition Guidelines:
• Eat constantly in small quantities. Consuming multiple small and healthy meals every 1.5 to 2 hours will stimulate hormones that will help prevent your metabolism from slowing down.
• Total daily caloric intake is the most important element of mass nutrition. Sufficient calories from a combination of healthy nutrients help the body to build new muscle tissue and to avoid the breaking down of muscles as a result of training hard. But remember that there is no point of eating empty calories that do nothing but add mass to your waistline.
• Eat twice as much as you normally would: Two servings of vegetables- not one, two eggs and two pieces of toast – not one of each, double up the servings!
• Adding mass requires sufficient protein and amino acids as protein is the building blocks of muscle growth. Keep in mind that calories go hand in hand with protein. You need adequate amount of protein and caloric intake to experience proper muscle growth.
• Low glycemic carbohydrates such as beans, whole meal pastas, brown rice, sweet potatoes and oatmeal should make up the big part of your daily carb intake. These slow digesting carbs will help you burn much more fat during your exercise and throughout the day, and reduce the effect of insulin, the hormone that initiates both hunger and fat storage.
• Make sure that you have a whey protein shake with a simple carbohydrate before and after your workout to speed up the absorption of protein into muscles. You would normally eat the healthy complex carbohydrates that are full of fiber.. not this time! Stick to your protein shake and simple carb prior to and straight after your workout or latest within an hour.
Mass Nutrition Foods:
• Water: Stay hydrated by drinking water to help the nutrients’ transport to your muscles and keep your muscles looking full.
• Lean beef: High content of protein and good content of fat to help mass better than any other food.
• Egg white: One of the purest forms of protein in the world with a protein to fat ratio of 60:1.
• Skinless chicken and turkey: Excellent source of high quality protein, very low in saturated and trans fats.
• Bean and legumes: Great source of protein and fiber for a regular bowel movement and proper insulin response that are critical to muscle growth.
• Garlic: A high garlic intake influences hormones that support growth, and combined with a high protein intake produces increased testosterone levels and less muscle breakdown.
• Fish: Your body needs healthy fatty acids such as Omega 3.
• Peanut butter: Great to add to shakes or to spread on whole meal toast but avoid peanut butters that have added sugar in them.
• Whey protein: If there was one supplement that should be incorporated into your diet, it should be whey protein.…
It is widely accepted that mass nutrition would make up at least 70% of the total equation of building muscles and mass.
Its no secret that healthcare and dental cost have risen steadily in recent years in many countries. Even the cost of a basic dental check-up can leave those on lower incomes, or even many middle income earners reeling, or even skipping this monthly routine. Dental healthcare professionals may wince at this, but what can you do if you are afraid that the check-up-and its concomitant findings- may end up digging a deeper hole in your finances than you can afford? Many private individuals now see dental health tourism as a legitimate-and affordable-solution to the problem of expensive dental care. After all, if a yearly holiday is still possible on your budget, why not solve two problems and book your dental treatment at the same time? Medical insurance companies have also rumbled to this, with many now offering “International Treatment Plans’ on their policies. And you don’t need to travel too far afield to avail yourself of such ‘tooth tourism’: Mexican dental clinics actively target US patients, and Costa Rica is now on the policy plans of some leading insurance companies. Meanwhile, dental practices in Eastern Europe are wooing British patients with overtures of dental care and cosmetic treatments at a fraction of the price they would pay at home.
Practices located in Asia have also wised up to the current trend, thereby extending the global reach of this phenomenon as well as extending choice to consumers.
Despite fears of lower standards of care and hygiene in the clinics of developing countries, many more people are taking the ‘have teeth, will travel’ attitude, and many in the industry see it as the future, believing that, as with all consumer issues, those thinking about undertaking dental tourism should do adequate research and avail themselves of all the relevant facts-and risk factors before signing up.
When you compare prices for certain treatments, it seems little wonder that more and more people are packing their toothbrushes. Take, for instance, a big procedure such as implants. In England a private (there are fewer and fewer NHS dentists in the UK now) dentist will up to 2000 for the procedure, as well as a consultation fee. By contrast, the same procedure cost around 550 in Hungary and the consultation is free.
For dentists, therefore, reality bites all over the world and with the sharp incisors of commerce. Your competition may not be just across the street. They may be on the other side of the world. For those of you facing this problem in the US try searching online  to see what options you have first before thinking that you can’t afford any case – a simple trip across the border to Mexico might help more than you imagine.…
Before you learn how to treat bacterial vaginosis, it is important to understand what it is and what causes it.
This is a medical condition that usually occurs in the vagina of women who are of child bearing age, but don’t worry, this is not a life threatening condition, furthermore, it is curable too.
Bacterial vaginosis is a result of an increase in the population of bacteria inside the vagina and this is a result of a change in the pH level of the vagina.
This means that the acidity levels inside the vagina increases. Basically, the vagina contains both good as well as bad bacteria. But once the pH level changes, the number of bad bacteria increases.
Your health practitioner or GP will tell you how to treat bacterial vaginosis by using antibiotics. This is the most common and popular way, and is usually quite effective too. It basically works by killing the bacteria.
Unfortunately, both the good, as well as the bad, bacteria get killed by using antibiotics. Also, these antibiotics do not do much to change the pH levels inside the vagina which was the main contributory factor behind this condition in the first place.
In most cases the vagina is able to self-heal during the period when antibiotics are being taken. However, once the antibiotic treatment is over, the bad bacteria may well come back.
This condition is known as recurrent bacterial vaginosis. So basically, antibiotics will not be able to treat this recurrent condition. The best part about taking antibiotics is that you know that it is going to be effective. It is a fast treatment too and will usually bring relief quite quickly, but in case of the bacteria recurring again, your health practitioner may recommend using some kind of over the counter (OTC) pills.
Few of these are effective on some women, while others may not be. There are various types of OTC pills available in the market. Some of these are well known, reputed brands, while others are not. It is always better to take a tried and tested brand that has a reputation in the market.
Nowadays, a lot of women are opting for natural ways to treat this condition. This is a safe approach as natural remedies have no side effects. Besides, the natural treatments are cost effective as well as reliable too.
You can get all the required material for the treatment in your home. This means that you do not have to run around in order to collect the necessary supplies. Besides, you can do this treatment in the privacy of your home.
Many women tend to feel shy when they have to go out and expose their private parts, even if it is to a doctor. The natural remedies will save them from this embarrassment too.
The base of all treatment remains the same. Basically, the pH value of the vagina is to be changed. Yogurt is considered as a highly effective remedy as well as eating curd. It is often suggested that a tampon can be used to apply yogurt to the vaginal walls. There are many other natural remedies available that tell you how to treat bacterial vaginosis.…
All over America, people are seeking cheap dental care options to try to cut down the ever-increasing cost of dentistry. There are a number of different options available that can allow patients to save the most money possible.
Many patients choose savings plans, which are available nationwide from a vast number of dentists. In an attempt to find affordable care, others will try to negotiate cash discounts with dentists in their area. Still others will choose to visit schools for dentists-in-training. Visiting these schools can cut down the cost of dentistry work, and you will likely be treated with the most cutting-edge technology available. There are two advantages to visiting these schools.
Advantages of Affordable Dental Schools
The #1 benefit of such schools is that they perform dentistry at a reduced cost. Often, dentistry schools charge about half of the normal price of procedures. Some schools may offer particular procedures for free, but usually there are small fees to cover cost of equipment, tools, and x-rays. Even with these small fees, visiting a dentistry school may save you money.
Along with lower costs, these schools usually treat their patients with the latest technologies available. The dentistry field is constantly changing, so this type of specialized school will want to train its students with current technology. In some cases, you as the patient may get more advanced results than at an older, established dentist office.
Dentistry students are usually graded by the quality of their work, rather than by the speed in which they work. Therefore, the dentistry students may be more focused on getting your work done correctly than an established dentist would, whose priority may be to get you in and out the office as fast as possible.
Does this Cheap Dental Care Cost Quality?
The main concern people have about receiving dentistry from these schools is the quality of the work which will be performed. People often assume that because the person performing the procedure is a dentist, the work will be of a lower standard than of an established dentist. In reality, the work performed at a school for dentists-in-training often resembles that of an established dentist office. All work should be supervised and checked by a licensed professional in the field — the instructors are there to ensure that your procedures are performed properly.
Another factor that contributes to the quality of student dentistry is that the students are eager to make good grades. The importance of a high-quality procedure for the best grade possible is major incentive for dentistry students to perform well on all patients they treat.
At these schools, cheap dental care does not always cost quality. Still, you may want to investigate the disadvantages of the schools — visiting a certified dentist with an affordable plan is usually the safest option for the highest quality care. A discount plan can save you as much or more as you would save at a school of dentistry.…
I have found out some very important nutrition facts that will help you on your journey of losing your belly fat. Understanding how your body works is the best weapon in losing weight.
Nutrition Fact #1. To make perfectly clear what a calorie is the definition- ” a unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water by one degree at one atmosphere pressure.” So what this means in English is that a calorie is a measurement used by nutritionists to characterize the energy-producing potential in food. Wow, nutrition fact indeed. Now you learned something new.
We need calories in our bodies. However, if you eat more calories than your body burns up, then you will be overweight. many calories do our bodies require? It ranges depending on many your age, sex, height, width, and how active you are. The range is from 1600 for non active women and seniors to 2900 for most men and active women. For myself, I need to ingest 3258 calories a day to maintain my current weight. I am 31 years old, 6’2″, thin and very active.
I suggest you use a calorie counter to more accurately define what your body needs to burn. Or buy a heart rate monitor with a chest strap that will show you how many calories you order to burn off some excess body fat, you need to have an idea of how many calories that your body requires. This nutrition facts page suggests as a general rule, you should try to eat 500 fewer calories than your body burns off. Do not decrease your calorie intake more than that, or you could damage your health.
You don’t have to count every calorie that you eat, but you should get used to looking at the labels on foods. Start having an understanding of what kinds of foods have lots of calories.
-There are 4 calories in a gram of protein.
-There are 4 calories in a gram of Carbohydrates.
-There are 9 calories in a gram of Fat.
Drink Water For Good Health!
Nutrition fact #2. Our Bodies can live without food for weeks, but we cant live without water for no longer than a few days. (How about that for a nutrition interesting!) Even though water has no nutrients or calories, it is extremely important to our health. It helps our nutrients absorb, eliminates waste, regulate circulation and body temperature. It even helps our skin complexion,. much water do we need? Average woman need 8 glasses, and the average men need 12 glasses. Replacing a bottle of soda with a cup of cold water can eliminate 155 calories. If you stop drinking that one bottle of soda everyday for a year, you will save yourself 56,575 calories or 16 pounds of fat!
Good Fats vs. Bad Fats
Nutrition fact #3. Believe it or and oils play an essential part in our diet. You just need to know which fats and oils are good for you, and which ones are bad!
Good: polyunsaturated and monounsaturated oils provide essential fatty acids that our bodies need like omega-3 and omega 6. They also serve as carriers for the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K. Olive, Canola, peanut, sunflower and soybean oil also contain the more desirable fats essential to maintaining a healthy diet.
Bad: Saturated fats and trans fats are the bad guys. It is best to either avoid foods with these in them, or choose foods that are very low in these kinds of fats. These fats raise cholesterol levels and increase the risk for heart disease.
Nutrition Fact #4. American Dietetic Association and American Diabetic Association agree that sugar intake is one of the top three causes of degenerative disease. We all already know that sugar can cause tooth decay. However, sugar is also linked to hundreds of medical problems.…
On this page you are going to learn how to get rid of pimples quickly. We all know of various acne treatments that work, but often the imperative thing is that they work quickly. After all, what is the point in getting your skin clear after that big date this weekend? You want your skin to be looking its best the day of, not the day after! That’s why you need to keep reading to learn how to get rid of pimples quickly and easily using some of the most effective natural and holistic acne treatment methods available.
* Increase your daily water consumption. The human body is around 70% water, so if you aren’t getting enough of the cool, clear liquid then you are going to be in pretty major trouble. Make sure you are drinking at least a couple of liters of water every day (that is about half a gallon, for you Imperial measurement fans out there) However, if you are active or live in a warm climate then you could do with drinking up to four liters/1 gallon a day. Be careful not to overdo your water consumption, however, as this post demonstrates.
* Get some sunshine on your skin. Since you were a little kid you have probably been told that sunlight is just about the most evil thing out there. However, it is actually very good for the health of your skin, provided you get just the right amount of sunshine. Avoid getting so much sun that you burn; but 10-20 minutes a day will provide you with a lot of Vitamin D, and will have the effect of reducing the symptoms of acne quite markedly. UV light can have quite a profound impact on the health of your skin.
* Make use of the healing power of salt water. If you live by a beach, this is easy. If not, you are going to have to buy some sea salt and make your own saltwater concoction (please don’t use iodized table salt, as that is going to dry your skin out very rapidly) Bathe your skin in saltwater at least twice a week- the healing power of salt water truly is amazing. You will notice that spots dry out very quickly, and your complexion will improve markedly. If you are prone to oily and flaky skin, this will improve a lot as well.
* Natural saltwater from the ocean is the best for this. I am not sure why (perhaps it has something to do with sand particles acting as a gentle exfoliant – please leave a comment if you know the answer!) but sea salt mixed with some warm water will have a similar effect.
* Use lemon juice topically. One of the most effective ways to get rid of pimples quickly is by using a natural astringent. Lemon juice is one such astringent. You may even have a lemon tree in your back garden, in which case all you need to do is pop out to the backyard, grab one, and juice it up. Use a cotton bud or something similar to carefully apply lemon juice directly to the spot itself. Do this twice a day, morning and night, until the spot has disappeared. You can then combat any potential scarring by using lemon juice again (I told you it’s a brilliant natural remedy, as it treats both the pimples and any resulting scars)
* Cut down on stress. By taking time to relax and avoiding stressing yourself out, you will notice a marked improvement in the condition of your skin. This might sound stupid, but it actually works very effectively. Stressing out will lead to hormone spikes, and this is only going to result in more spots and worse skin. You need to consciously focus on relaxing, with techniques such as slow breathing exercises, in order to reduce stress in your body.
* Avoiding picking or squeezing pimples. We have all been guilty of doing this at some point or another, but picking and squeezing your pimples is not going to do much good for your skin. If you want to get rid of spots rapidly then you need to avoid squeezing them. Why? Because squeezing leads to inflammation of the skin, and in turn this is going to cause a worsening of your acne symptoms. Also, squeezing a whitehead can result in infection of the surrounding area, which will in turn lead to further pimples.
* Increasing your intake of Vitamin A. This important vitamin (and its relation Beta-Carotene) are noticeably absent from many peoples’ diets. The easiest way to boost your Vitamin A/Beta-Carotene intake is to start eating carrots. Even better, you can make fresh carrot juice which concentrates the skin-healing power of carrots and will deliver a …
Depression is a serious disease that often makes even everyday tasks seem impossible. It can affect your ability to perform your daily activities, making even the simplest tasks seem more difficult. In this article we share tips to help you cope with depression.
One way to treat depression is with prescription medication. Every year new ones come out too, so if you tried one years ago there are many alternatives now. Most of them work by attempting to restore the chemical balance in your brain as they believe depression is caused by a chemical imbalance.
There are some treatments for depression you can pick up from your local health store. Drinking juice and water, plus St. St. Johns wart has been shown to help with people who have a problem in the depression department. It can be cheaper than prescriptions, too.
A simple walk around your block can be a wonderful mood elevator and a way to get those happy endorphins working to your advantage. If you have forgotten the joy of walking, then take your dog (or borrow one from a neighbor) and focus on his joy and antics for a few minutes. Getting out in your neighborhood keeps you in touch with what is going on around you and helps you take the focus off yourself for awhile.
Make sure that you understand all of the possible side effects before you decide to take any type of medication. Your doctor may be eager to prescribe you pills, and this may actually help you greatly, but you need to be sure that you are aware of exactly what you are taking ahead of time.
Depression is often cyclical. This means that your highs and lows will start to come in waves. If you pay close attention, you may even be able to forecast when the next strong down will come. This can help you greatly as you will be capable of prepare yourself for what is to come.
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor but do not feel completely comfortable with it, be sure to discuss this with him or her. He may be able to help you find a better medication or he may even be able to sooth your worries by explaining what it does.
An effective way to resolve and overcome depression is to create some realistic goals that you can achieve. These goals can be anything from learning to play an instrument or setting a fitness goal. By living a more goal oriented life, you will be able to focus more of your thoughts on things that are making your life better rather than the issues causing your depression. Accomplishing your goals will also serve as a vital source for the self esteem and self confidence that you will need to overcome depression.
You’ve just learned a thing or two about depression. Bear in mind, this issue will not resolve itself overnight; you will have to make some effort in dealing with it. You can beat your depression; it’s not impossible. Get the support you require to beat this.…